PCA committees are vital to the operational system of the association. Each committee focuses on issues effecting our members and our partners, and works to provide effective solutions and continuous value to all PCA members and stakeholders.
Sign up now or read on below to learn more.
Current PCA Committees and Subcommittees
|PCA Committee||Subcommittees (if applicable)|
|Trade Show Committee||CigarCon subcommittee|
PCA Show Exclusives subcommittee
|Federal Legislative Affairs Committee|
|State Legislative Affairs Committee||Grassroots Advocacy subcommittee|
Committee Structure & Seats Available
Each PCA committee is comprised of current PCA Executive Committee and Board members. The PCA welcomes and encourages current PCA members in good standing to volunteer to serve on the following committees and subcommittees:
- The primary goal of this committee will be to focus on how to create more value for PCA membership and work on an industry awards recognition program.
Trade Show Committee
- This committee will focus on how to make the annual event of the PCA the most beneficial for retailers and associate exhibitors
- The goal of this subcommittee will be to work on a consumer-facing event that will benefit the industry and work on determining the feasibility of such an endeavor.
- This committee helps identify content areas for PCA the Magazine, blog posts and social media to help create meaningful content for membership as well as extoll benefits of the work of the PCA.
- Members on this committee will help determine the areas we develop educational content, help identify subject matter experts, create content and promote the activities.
Grassroots Advocacy Subcommittee
- This important committee will focus on how PCA can grow our grassroots programs to enlist more local representatives and consumers in our regulatory battles.
Criteria for Serving
To be considered to serve on a PCA Committee or Subcommittee, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Retail or Associate member in good standing with at least three (3) years of continuous membership and attendance at the annual trade show at least twice in the last three years or four in the last five. If a new member with less than three years of membership, must have attended the trade show in each year of membership.
- Demonstrated interest in the success of the PCA and its overall programs. Overall strong and positive working relationships with vendors (if a retailer) or retailers (if an associate).
- Willingness to engage in PCA communications outreach in support of committee initiatives and programs.
- Ability to act in an objective manner, while working to benefit the premium cigar and pipe retailer sector and premium manufacturers.
- Willingness to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) about what happens in the committee and fully support and agree to refrain from discussing any committee items with outside persons or entities until the PCA has officially made a public statement.
Expectations of Committee Members
Committee members are expected to participate in all meetings of said committee, complete all requests and assignments, and work toward the fulfillment of the group’s objectives.
- Participate in all face-to-face and conference call meetings of the committee.
- Complete all tasks, as assigned by the committee chair, in a timely manner.
- Acknowledge all communications concerning committee work by requested deadline.
- Inform employer, where applicable, of your committee responsibilities/commitments.
- Review all relevant material and background information prior to each committee meeting.
- Participate in all committee discussions.
- Maintain a professional demeanor both during and outside of committee meetings.
- Advocate on behalf of the association and programs that arise from committee meetings.
Sign Up Now!
Interested in serving on a PCA Committee or Subcommittee?
We are now accepting volunteer submissions for the 2019-2020 PCA Committees and Subcommittees
Applications are due by October 18, 2019